Sunday, February 4, 2007

An Ingenious Idea....

While reading Katie's most recently posted blog, I came across a picture she had posted entitled "The picture Mike took of me," or something to that nature. When looking at the picture closer, I realized it wasn't Katie's mouth (even though I had to look very close since that mouth did look a lot like Katie's) but a contestant from the Grill Contest on 97.1 ZHT.

Being the curious Dental Hygiene student that I am, I decided to check out the other "grills" (if you will) to see which "gorgeous" mouth won the $30,000 prize from South Mountain Dental.

Now, let me just say one thing before I go on...... I have seen a LOT of nasty stuff in people's mouths. I have traveled to Europe & Mexico (and Magna) many times where health care is suppose to be worse and less accessible than in America. But this is something you almost can't prepare for. I mean, needless to say.......I was APPALLED at these mouths. May I just share with you my favorite mouth.....

OK would you not agree that this person needs to come to our $5 clinic for some serious dental HELP? Obviously this sad sad person can NOT afford any type of oral hygiene care products, including a manual toothbrush for $1 at the Dollar Tree. But don't worry, I'm sure they know every drug dealer in the Salt Lake Valley and surrounding areas. I mean, look at this guy..... Holy #&*@.....

I encourage everyone to take a look at the wonderful pictures posted on 97.1 ZHT under New Year New Grill, I can guarantee you will all lose your appetites...

Here is where my ingenious idea comes into play.

What if we emailed the Morning Zoo to have them announce on the air, and possibly make a posting on their website, to have people come to our $5 clinic, it could be like FREE advertising. What do you think about that idea? I do have one question, do we give them the REAL number to the school, or our "secret" number. Personally I would want our number, but if it is going on the air should it be the schools number?

Please send me your thought on the matter, OH, and the grills too....

~Stephanie

3 comments:

Munchkin Inc. said...

YES! Great idea. I think that we should ask the radio station if they would like to offer their listeners a chance for affordable dental hygiene. You are brilliant, Steph!
Great post too. Well written and fun to read.

Dental Hygiene Class of 2008 said...

Yes, but what would the radio station get out of it. don't they have "paid advertising"? I guess if they were good in spirit they would do it for the people of salt lake city, because hey, ugly people deserve some attention too!

aQeelzam said...

Taking good care of your mouth, teeth and gums is a worthy goal in and of itself. Good oral and dental hygiene can help prevent bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease—and can help you keep your teeth as you get older. Researchers are also discovering new reasons to brush and floss.

Sharpening Dental Instruments