Saturday, March 24, 2007

Scuba Certification at Blue Lake

Well, I did it. I am finally certified to scuba dive!!!

right before our dive....


I spent the last two days near Wendover at a lake called Blue Lake certifying to be a scuba diver. I dove twice on Friday with no problems other than I lost my weight belt, which was recovered safely, and two dives on Saturday. I did great!! Although it was a little scary going into the open water for the first time. I was there with the dive master, of course, my two friends Abby and Sean and then can't forget Amanda, my BFF. Friday went well, but today, Saturday, I was descending and all of a sudden I felt water rush into my ear. I tried to equalize my ears and couldn't. When diving, you must equalize every few feet or else you could rupture an ear drum. Since I couldn't equalize, I decided to end that dive, luckily it happen to be the end of the last dive so I didn't miss anything. My ear is still uncomfortably plugged, but slowly going away.

Here are a few pictures of us under the lake and a few things we saw. Just a note, the lake is starting to warm up, it was about 80 degrees, and the algae is starting to grow. So the pictures aren't as clear as when you go to the Caribbean.... ENJOY!!






Amanda and me under the water























me Amanda








A sleeping Bass fish
WE DID IT.....we are now certified!!!



Caribbean here we come.....

2 comments:

Munchkin Inc. said...

I am so proud of you both. You will be the best, darn scooby-doova divers ever!

Dental Hygiene Class of 2008 said...

I am so proud of you Steph... Sorry I abandoned you during the 3rd dive (I suck as a scuba buddy). I honestly thought you were right behind me. And you're so right... Carribean, here we come!!

-Amanda G. (the honorary hygiene student and pharmacology tutor)